I was won over by the contest launched by Bucataras on the occasion of Halloween, when I saw that the first prize consisted of that wonderful multi-storey serving set. I've been longing for such a wonderful set for a while. I thought of making scary meringue ghosts. :) Booohoooo! :)
Preparation time: less than 90 minutes
The egg should be kept at room temperature. We separate abuse from yolk. Mix the egg white with the salt powder. Add the powdered sugar and mix until we can turn the bowl upside down without the meringue coming off.
In a pos we put the meringue and in a tray lined with flour or baking paper we make the forms for the meringue.
Insert the tray in the first stage of the oven and bake with the door ajar. Leave the meringues in the oven for 1 hour or 1 hour and 30 minutes. In the end we must have strong and shiny meringues. I also put a little cherry jam when I served them. A delight!
Today, confectioneries in big cities give customers colorful cakes and celebrate meringue cookies day.
March 20 has been declared a holiday among candy lovers, after the master pastry chef Pierre Herme, from Paris, named it the official day of meringue cookies, 7 years ago, in honor of this French dessert.
Known, at first, only in Europe, the feast of meringues has conquered the whole world, and today there are events dedicated to this dessert in all major cities: Toronto, Vancouver, New York, Manila or Budapest.
Pierre Herme invented these little cakes 15 years ago. They are made of fluffy and colored meringues with ground almonds, glued two by two (like a cookie) with fragrant creams.
Pressing the button below represents your agreement to the TERMS AND CONDITIONS of the COMMENTING PLATFORM.
Today we will do Neapolitan sheets with meringue. In my mother's cake book is the second recipe written. The meringue is baked on wafer sheets filled with boiled cream. I just love this cake and I always do.
Ingredients for sheets:
3 wafer sheets
18 tablespoons sugar
9 egg whites
Put the egg whites in a bowl and whisk them with the mixer. When they are well foamed, we start to add the sugar gradually, mixing continuously.
Divide the meringue into three equal parts. Spread some of the meringue on a wafer sheet.
Bake the sheet at 180 degrees Celsius for about 15-20 minutes or until the meringue turns golden on top. Spread the meringue obtained on the other two wafer sheets.
When the first sheet is baked, take it out of the tray and put the next sheet in its place and bake it. We continue to do the same until we finish all three baking.
300 grams of butter at room temperature with at least 80% fat
300 grams of sugar
2 tablespoons water
the 9 yolks we have left from the meringue
On the steam bath we will boil the cream. We put a bowl on a saucepan with hot water. In the bowl put the yolks, sugar and water. Stir continuously with a wooden spoon for about 20-30 minutes, or until we take a little cream between two fingers and gently remove them, and the cream stretches into a thin thread. Let the cream cool.
When the cream is cold, put the butter in a bowl and froth it with the mixer. Then add a tablespoon of boiled cream over butter and mix well. We continue to do the same until we finish incorporating all the boiled cream.
Divide the cream obtained in two and fill the three wafer sheets with meringue. Refrigerate the cake for about two hours until the cream hardens.
Look how good the cake looks! The meringue was softened and combined with the cream. A tall, absolutely delicious cake came out.
Prepared with excellent taste, but low in fat and low in calories.
1 and 1/4 cup (300 ml) sliced almonds
1 cup (250 ml) egg whites
1 cup (250 ml) sugar
1 cup (250 ml) powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon (2 ml) salt.
From this composition can be made 15-18 clouds.
Method of preparation:
Preheat the oven to 98 degrees Celsius, cover a tray with baking paper and set aside.
Place the almonds in a single layer in a dry tray and fry over medium heat. Stir occasionally until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Beat the egg whites with a mixer at medium speed for 1-2 minutes, adding caster sugar in three halves, waiting for 20 seconds between halves. Stir until the composition coagulates.
With a spatula, mix the powdered sugar and salt and add a cup of fried almonds.
Using a large spoon, place the mixture on baking paper. Sprinkle clouds of meringue with fried almonds in the pan and place in the oven for about 2 hours.
Turn off the oven and let it dry overnight. Clouds can be stored in a tightly closed container for up to three days.
Nutritional information for 18 servings:
3 g of fat
0 g of saturated fat
2 g of monounsaturated fats
1 g of polyunsaturated fats
19 g of carbohydrates
3 g of protein
0 mg of cholesterol
1 g fiber
20 mg of calcium
19 mg of magnesium
90 mg of sodium
68 mg of potassium
1.6 mg of vitamin E.
We present you a recipe for boiled egg white cream. It is an extraordinary recipe for sweet egg white cream, which is very easy to prepare. What's more, the ingredients used are the most common, always present in any kitchen.
It is a cream that holds its shape very well and is perfect to be used to decorate cakes, cakes and other cakes. Enjoy your loved ones with a very attractive dessert.
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Ingredients for syrup
- 330 g of sugar (the amount of sugar must be 2.5 times the mass of the egg whites)
- 100 ml of water (if you add more water than necessary, the syrup will boil longer)
Method of preparation
1. In a saucepan mix the water with the sugar and put the pan on the fire.
2. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook over medium heat. Stir regularly.
3. Bring to the boil and cook for another 35 minutes on medium heat. Do the "ball" test (pour a little syrup in cold water if you can form a ball from the syrup drop, it means it's ready).
4. The temperature of the sugar syrup must reach 120 ° C.
5. While the syrup is boiling, beat the egg whites with salt until you get a foam with stable tips.
6. When the egg whites start to foam, add the vanilla and lemon juice. It is best to use a mixer with stand.
7. Pour the hot syrup into the egg white foam with a thin jet. Do not disconnect the mixer. Stir continuously at medium speed.
8. Increase the speed of the mixer and mix until you get a fluffy cream and the bowl will be warm.
Note: If from experience you know how long the syrup will reach the required temperature and how long the egg whites will turn into foam with stable peaks, you will determine much easier when, after putting the syrup on the fire, you start beating the egg whites. The cooking time of the syrup depends on the fire you put the pan on, as well as on the size and thickness of the walls of the pan. If you use a medium power mixer, you will most likely need to start beating the egg whites as soon as the syrup starts to boil.
The recipe for cake or cake made of meringue sheets with walnuts and cream with butter and eggs, you can definitely find it in your mother's or grandmother's old cake book. It is a very popular cake, being known under different names a very refined sweet, which awakens many of us pleasant memories from childhood. Using your imagination, refinement and personal taste, you can assemble meringue sheets in different shapes and variants, resulting in a contemporary version of the cake that can compete with the famous Marjolaine cake, created by Fernand Point, a well-known French chef from the interwar period.
10 egg whites,
300 g (1 1/4 cups) sugar,
250 g (1 cup) ground and fried walnuts,
250 g (1 cup) ground and fried hazelnuts,
2 tablespoons flour,
a pinch of salt,
a tray measuring 33 cm X 46 cm or 2 trays measuring 33 cm X 23 cm
Ingredients for egg butter cream:
300 g (1 1/4 cups) sugar,
250 g (1 cup) butter,
2 sachets of vanilla,
½ lemon juice,
Ingredients for chocolate cream
150 g (¾ cups) of good quality dark chocolate,
200 g (3/4 cup) liquid cream,
2 tablespoons butter,
1 teaspoon ness,
10-12 whole nuts or half-roasted walnut kernels,
125 g (1/2 cup) ground or roasted hazelnuts or walnuts,
a piece of bitter chocolate,
a piece of white chocolate,
some edible seasonal flowers
The oven is heated to 150 C (300F).
Grease the tray with a thin layer of grease, then place a piece of baking paper slightly larger than the size of the tray, which is also greased with grease. In the absence of baking paper, the tray is lined with flour.
Using a whisk or mixer, beat the egg whites until the foam becomes thick and firm. Add salt powder and sugar "in the rain" and continue beating until a thick, glossy foam is obtained. Then add the ground walnuts and hazelnuts mixed with flour.
Pour the meringue dough into the pan and spread evenly. Divide the sheet into 4 equal parts, drawing a light line across the width. Bake the sheet for 30 -35 minutes. If you use 2 trays (33X23) divide the dough in half and bake two sheets, the baking time is reduced by about 10 minutes. In this case, if you want to portion the sheets before baking, draw a line in the middle of the tray lengthwise. In both cases, the sheets are ready when they detach easily from the walls of the tray.
After the sheet has been removed from the oven, allow to cool slightly (approximately 5 minutes), then remove from the pan and cut along the marked lines before baking. 4 equal sheets are obtained, in a rectangular shape, which will be used to assemble the cake.
Preparation of butter cream with eggs
Mix the yolks well with the sugar and vanilla, then transfer to a steam bath and stir continuously until the cream thickens but does not boil. Allow to cool. Separately, rub the butter or mix it until it becomes frothy. After it has cooled, the egg cream and lemon juice are gradually added to the butter foam.
The cream is divided into three parts. One part is used for filling and the rest for decoration.
Preparation of chocolate cream
Bitter chocolate is broken into smaller pieces, liquid cream, butter and a teaspoon of ness are added, then everything is transferred to the steam bath, stirring continuously until the chocolate melts and the mixture is homogenized. Remove from the steam, and when the cream has cooled, divide it into two equal parts to fill the sheets.
Cut a sheet of baking paper, having the dimensions of the meringue sheets plus an edge of 5-6 cm, after which place the first sheet of meringue in the center. The side edges of the baking paper will help to decorate.
Spread half of the chocolate cream on the first sheet. Then put the second sheet and spread a third of the butter cream. Place the third sheet, then spread the second half of the chocolate cream, then place the last sheet.
Cover the cake with the remaining butter cream, spreading the cream evenly over the last sheet and all around the sides of the cake. Sprinkle the roasted hazelnuts on the sides of the cake. Some of the nuts will fall on the edges of the baking sheet. To help the hazelnuts stick together, fold the edges of the paper toward the cake, pressing so that the hazelnuts will stick easily to the cake.
The top of the cake is decorated according to everyone's imagination.
Whole hazelnuts can be dipped in the remaining chocolate cream on the walls of the bowl, then lined in the middle. Using a vegetable peeler, grate pieces of white and bitter chocolate.
From the grated bitter chocolate, you can make proportionally placed bows, between which you can insert slices of white chocolate. In the middle, among the hazelnuts, you can insert a few pansies or other seasonal consumable popcorn.
The cake is left to cool for a few hours, after which it is ready to be served. Good appetite!
You start by bringing on the work table all the ingredients needed to prepare the delicious childhood-flavored dessert.
Put the broken eggs, salt and sugar in the bowl of the mixer. Turn on the mixer and mix the ingredients for 7-8 minutes, until you get a frothy composition. Mix the ammonia, or baking soda with the yogurt and immediately put the mixture obtained in the bowl of the mixer. Mix again until the composition is homogeneous. Add the oil, the essence, then the flour, spoon by spoon. After mixing the waffle dough, let it rest for 8-10 minutes.
Power the waffle maker to the power supply and allow it to reach the temperature required for baking. You will be warned by the LED that will light up when the appliance is sufficiently heated. Grease the trays of the waffle maker with a little oil, just for the first use. Grease both the top and bottom. With a polish, or a dispenser, put honeycomb composition in the trays of the appliance, enough to cover 3/4 of their capacity.
Honeycomb dough should not exceed 3/4 of the surface of the baking tray / Shutterstock
You can put even less if you want the delicious honeycombs with chocolate sauce to be smaller. Allow the combs to brown well until the camera light warns you.
Honeycombs brown on both sides until golden brown / Shutterstock
Transfer the baked honeycombs to one platter and then bake the next ones.
Put the liquid cream in a bowl over low heat. Let it heat up, but without touching the boiling point, so as not to lose its properties. Break the chocolate into small pieces and add it to the bowl with the heated cream. Extinguish the fire and stir intensely in the bowl until the chocolate melts and a fluid sauce results. Allow the chocolate sauce to cool slightly and glaze the honeycombs with it before serving. You can serve delicious honeycombs with chocolate sauce with a cup of your favorite ice cream and a cream, but also 2-3 strawberries or other fruits.
Honeycombs can also be served with a cup of ice cream, cream and fruit / Shutterstock
Indulge in a dessert, as simple as it is tasty and spectacular! Good luck and good luck!
The meringues, the joys of childhood. And if I'm still in a cake, it's definitely for your loved ones. Here's how to prepare it:
1. For the meringue base, beat the egg whites with the sugar until a hard foam is obtained in which the malai and vinegar are added.
2. A special baking paper is placed in the baking tray and the foam is placed in a pos from which a first row of foam bubbles is released in a circle, one next to the other. Then, make the second circle, smaller, above the other. In the second circle, gaps are left from place to place where the donuts will be mounted. Put the tray in the oven for an hour and 15 minutes. Then let it cool very well.
3. For the donuts, boil the water with the butter and, after it has melted, remove from the heat and add the flour mixed with the salt at once. Stir vigorously and even beat a little with a spoon. Put it back on the fire to dry completely. Remove from the heat, let it cool a bit and put the eggs, one by one, mixing well after each one. Then, the paste is placed in a position from which small bubbles are released in the baking tray lined with paper. Bake for 15 minutes on high heat and 10 minutes on medium heat. Remove and allow to cool.
4. Put the donuts in the special places left in the meringue wreath, fill the middle with ice cream and bring to the table, possibly with fruit and sugar, decorative powder.
Preparation time 1 hour 30 minutes
Total time 1 hour 50 minutes
PREPARATION Pavlova or Himalayas, cake with meringue sheets
BEAUTY LAYERS (4)
Heat the oven to 120 degrees, the gas oven to 2.5 as I did with macarons.
1. In the stove tray, if two meringue discs fit, they must be 4 cm apart and up to 2 cm from the edges because they grow when baked.
Protect with baking paper. Draw with a pencil discs 4 cm smaller than you want to result (they grow when baking). I drew them 18cm.
2. Mix the powdered sugar with the starch.
3. In a bowl, beat the egg whites without sugar for 2-3 minutes and add the salt, then add a third of the powdered sugar (in the rain if you have patience).
After the first third of added sugar, add the lemon juice. When pouring the sugar, reduce the mixer to a minimum speed so as not to throw it out. Then continue with the turbo. It takes about 7 minutes with a powerful mixer or until it becomes shiny and firm. The formed tip is left in the first second but it stays in the shape as shown in the picture, if it sleeps at all it is not well beaten.
4. Turn off a cup of composition for ornament meringues.
5. For those who want regular discs, proceed to spread the meringue as I suggested in the introduction. I stretched as in the pictures with the steamer spatula (a wide palette very slightly curved).
6. Bake at the temperature specified above, placing the tray on the top of the oven until it begins to brown on the edges. About 45 minutes, I kept cooking them after the first 20 minutes because it tends to brown my oven on the bottom, towards the end I even reduced it to step 1. You can open the door and protect the buttons like when you grill.
6. Remove with a sheet if you reuse the tray, being very careful not to crack it and store it to cool on the grill, table or worktop.
When they are cold, they are easily removed, hitting the bottom with a long, thin knife to come off. If they stick, wet the table with a sponge and put the paper with the meringue sheets to get a little wet as I did with the macarons.
7. Bake the ornamental meringues separately because the time is shorter and avoid interrupting the baking process of the meringue layers. It is formed by 1.5 cm in diameter with a pos with two round holes.
CREAM FROM CREAM
1. Prepare the fresh or thawed fruits and, in time, let the juice drain in a sieve, possibly with a little sugar (the old metal ones oxidize, so be it stainless steel / plastic or in the draining paste).
Then, either mash them and get a puree, or cut them into cubes and it is more pleasant to see fragments in the cream.
With big problems I manage to beat whipped cream from liquid natural cream (I only managed with a German one). Because I didn't find it quickly now, I applied option 2. Add reinforcements if necessary.
2. Beat the cream in a high-walled bowl, according to the instructions on the box, but not in a bowl that can blacken the cream.
At the end, beat with fruit puree until it turns pink.
3. Add dye if desired (mix for 20 seconds as a rule).
If you want a very firm cream, moisturize the gelatin with 2 tablespoons of cold water, then heat it gently in a bain marie or microwave. Mix as above adding it with the fruit.
1. Put the cream in the bowl with high walls. When it is beaten about 3 quarters, add the hardening powder. Beat according to the instructions on the envelope.
2. We stop a large cup of whipped cream from the composition.
3. Mix with the strawberry jam.
A miss Radu Popovici. In winter, if you do not have frozen fruit and you have to buy them, it can be prepared only in half. That's enough for me.
1. Transfer the thawed fruit into a fine, metal sieve with all the juice. Add 100 g of sugar and let it drain.
2. Then pass through a sieve, pressing hard with the back of a metal spoon. Remove the solid residue.
3. Add the lemon juice to the sauce and mix well. It must have a sweet-sour, refreshing taste. Put in the fridge.
Because the fruits did not look very good, I prepared the coulis after variant 2, cooking the fruits, lemon juice and sugar (you can add strips of lemon peel, for flavor) for about 7-10 minutes, in a saucepan, over low heat, until the fruit disintegrates. Allow the sauce to cool (remove the lemon peels), then process it with a blender and pass it through a sieve.
ASSEMBLY / DECORATION
1. Place a meringue disc at the base. Continue with successive layers of meringue and whipped cream.
2. If you want, toss the whole piece of fruit over each intermediate layer of whipped cream.
3. Decorate the top layer of whipped cream as follows: with the back of a spoon, pull the whipped cream up to form some waves (tufts). With the posu with dui with striations formed spirals on the edge. Intermediate interspersed bezels.
4. Another option that I would have liked more, would have been to put whole fruits in the center with tails and on the edge a chorus only of bezels, without spirals of whipped cream. In this case, if the fruits had been small, I would have put whole fruits between the places between the intermediate layers, so that they could be seen at the edge. It wasn't to be.
Liv (e) it!
Extraordinary! This is the word, tasty and not very sweet. I still added sugar. Thank you for posting simple and tasty recipes.
it was super good and very easy to prepare
you can also add ground walnuts
Mirela Gabriela Buhus, February 11, 2014
Cedrique Timi, February 9, 2014
Lolea Doru, December 12, 2013
I'll try too. I'm easy to do.
Alex Myru, October 5, 2013
Dumitru Vasile, August 13, 2013
Valentina Budu, July 31, 2013
Dima Carmen, July 31, 2013
I invite you to meringues and burnt sugar cream.
I did the tricks, but I don't think I beat the target well, that they made cabbage. , and a juice remained at the bottom of the bowl. although I tried this recipe once and it turned out, it was delicious!
amalia, February 26, 2010
what do you say miki ?? when you still have ideas like this, keep them for yourself: D
valentina ionita (Chef de cuisine), February 7, 2010
valentina ionita (Chef de cuisine), February 6, 2010
I really like meringues.
bake with the oven door ajar
mirela, September 7, 2009
But. 45..de..min. a little too much. I mean, I kept them for 5 minutes and they were a little burnt. (.
Michelle, September 2, 2009
I put a spoonful of sugar in each egg, beat about 5 egg whites until they froth and then add 5 tablespoons of sugar 1 by 1 and beat in the meantime until it tastes and the sugar is no longer felt on the tongue. It's my favorite dessert since I was little. Good appetite!
Tell me how much 88g of sugar means and I don't have enough to measure. What does a cup mean in comparison. Pls want reply :)
Today I made a belly soup and if I still needed 10 yolks for the soup I was thinking what to do with the egg whites and then I came up with the idea to make some meringues. I beat the 10 egg whites very well with the mixer then I gradually added the sugar, after which I came up with the idea to put 3 teaspoons of ness that are fantastic and delicious. try.
I made the meringues too. they turned out very good! Worth a try. simple and good